Golovkin-Brook: final thoughts
Luke G. Williams
With Saturday night's showdown almost upon us, we offer a few final thoughts and point you in the direction of a wide selection of Boxing Monthly online articles about an intriguing contest ...
1. If Kell Brook wins there will be quite a few people forced to eat their words. Not least the nine members of the BM online team who have all picked Golovkin ...
Click here for the BM team's full predictions
2. If, as expected, Golovkin wins it certainly won't be the end of the road for Brook, and other big fights could await. It's a point James Oddy makes in his preview of the fight.
Click here to read James' preview
3. There's something refreshingly 'old school' about this contest. As examined in the article below, there's nothing new about welterweights seeking middleweight glory.
Click here to read 'Daring to be Great'
4. This is a fight that has certainly got people talking. Among them our own Jessica Sinyard and the Stealing Rounds podcast team. Check out their thoughts below.
Click here to watch Jessica's video preview
Click here to listen to the Stealing Rounds podcast
5. Golovkin and his team are super-confident and super-focused, while also granting Brook the respect he deserves. Check out Michael Montero's various interviews and footage from the Golovkin camp before the team travelled to the UK.
Click here for the Montero on Boxing index
6. What happens on Saturday night is bound to have a bearing on the current BM P4P standings - either enhancing or damaging Golovkin's standing, while a Brook victory could see him break the top ten.
Click here for the current BM online P4P standings and news