Complete coverage: Kovalev vs Ward
(Artwork by Amanda Kelley (Kelley_AK)
On Saturday 19 November, unbeaten light heavyweights Sergey 'Krusher' Kovalev and Andre 'S.O.G.' Ward do battle in the year's most eagerly anticipated pugilistic match-up. A showdown between two men who are commonly ranked among the top ten in the world 'pound for pound' lists is a relatively rare occurrence, and as such the winner stands a good chance of displacing Roman Gonzalez as the widely recognised P4P king.
This month's issue of Boxing Monthly features extensive coverage of Kovalev vs Ward, including editor Graham Houston's full preview and breakdown of the match-up. Graham's long and distinguished career - capped by induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2014 - makes his views on such an important contest a 'must read'.
Elsewhere in the issue, we feature exclusive and in-depth interviews with both combatants: John A. MacDonald speaks to Sergey Kovalev, while Paul Zanon has an audience with Andre Ward. Both interviews are revealing and informative and not to be missed.
Meanwhile on the Boxing Monthly website we have a wide range of features providing further background to this mouthwatering match-up:
- Click here to read Chris Williamson's preview of the fight
- Click here to read our online team's predictions for the fight
- Click here to read Mark Ortega's article about the night Andre Ward was knocked down
- Click here to watch Michael Montero's definitive guide to the contest
- Click here to read Luke G, Williams on Andre Ward's defining fights
- Click here to read Luke G. Williams on Sergey Kovalev's defining fights
As the fight unfolds in the early hours of Sunday morning, you will be able to follow the Boxing Monthly online scorecard on our Twitter page - @boxingmonthlyed - and after the fight we will, of course, break down what happened in detail.